On set at Despierta America, wearing an H&M Top and ZARA skirt.
- Draw the eye up by pairing a bright or patterned blouse with a solid color skirt.
- Skirt length should be no longer than just below the knee to maximize height.
- Go monochromatic. Wearing one color from head-to-toe offers an illusion of length. This high-waisted pencil skirt by Express nips the waist in at just the right place creating a super-flattering hourglass figure.
- The higher the heel... A classic nude or black pump are the best way to continue the clean line of a pencil skirt. Added bonus? The right nude heel will make your legs look a mile long. Avoid shoes with straps and anything flat or chunky that will "cut" you off at the ankle.
- Consider proportions. Feeling adventurous? Rock a patterned skirt, but remember that small patterns (like lace) are best. Designs that are too big or busy will overwhelm a petite figure.